11 June 2008

Tired of Waiting

I'm tired of waiting. I'm mean, I've been to the doctor twice now, so....WE'RE EXPECTING!! We were trying to wait to get through the first trimester to make any big announcements, but I just can't wait anymore. Our second child is on it's way and should arrive sometime around January 7th, 2009. Eric has hopes for a New Year's Eve baby (you know, tax break and all), but I seriously doubt it.
Yesterday the doctor had a hard time finding the child to listen to it's heartbeat. It actually started to worry me the way they continued searching but couldn't find anything. Finally, the doctor told the nurse to go get the ultrasound machine. Just as she was about to exit the room, he called her back as he'd finally found the heartbeat. SIGH of relief! Good, strong heartbeat at 160. Let's see...that's supposed to mean a girl...but the doctor couldn't find the child until the doppler thing was way, way low...and carrying low is supposed to mean a boy...trends of the family have been two girls together and a boy...but, we are both predicting a boy this time. We'll see, won't we. Of course, I thought Em was going to be a boy, so my "intuition" is a bit off.

2 comments:

miss said...

Congrats furtle murtle!

I wish I didn't have my period for awhile, but then again, I don't want a kid.

Personally, I think you should aim for 12.01 Jan 1`.

First baby in 2009=free diapers!

Boyd Box said...

Oh, sweet! That'd be great! Although, I had a dream that this baby decided to come December 28th and I was freaking out because of it.