18 June 2008

Buddles, I Luh Loo!

I've found a new "routine" that may help me get the rest I need. I wait until after lunch and a few more wiggles to go get a shower. Emily is loving baths right now and plays with the "buddles" while I take care of me. When she's finished, she hurdles the side of the tub and then proclaims as the water drains, "Buddles, I luh loo!" It makes me laugh every time. However, this afternoon bath is also a way to get her calmed down and ready to take a nap (something that has become a conflict between us). So, she's down right now...I think. At least, I put her down in her bed and don't hear any noise. Of course, she could be reading books, but at least she is quiet and letting me have some down time and, if I'm lucky, I can get in a nap, too!

1 comment:

The Doctors Wife said...

I have learned that the best time to give Lindsay a bath is when I need to shower. I throw her in the tub with me and that way I can ensure that Katie doesn't get mauled while I'm taking a shower. Remember this when your new one comes. you won't be able to let the baby just lay anywhere. Katie is getting tired of sitting in her carseat or bouncy but as soon as I lay her down everyone swarms her. I don't think she'll ever learn to roll over.