09 June 2008

On Her Own

WHOOOPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
I'm sorry if I'm so excited, but after two weeks of Emily protesting potty training, we have a celebration!! Emily was doing the potty dance (I've never actually seen her do this before, so now at least I have a sign) and I kept complaining to her about how going in your pants was "yucky-stinky". Well, she marched herself to the bathroom and closed the door. I had to slip my hand in to turn on the light for her. A few minutes later, Emily came out, absolutely naked, but she had gone both in the potty!! WU-WHooo!
I made a REALLY, REALLY big deal about it. I'm not that kind of personality, so it really made a difference for Emily to see how excited it made me.
On a side note, one of the things that made Emily a little anti-potty was the fact that one morning she told me she needed to go and I put her on our toilet w/o her child seat. She got mad at me for something and started swinging. Into the toilet she slipped! I was afraid it was going to create a potty fear, but if she went by herself today, I think we're in the clear!!

4 comments:

Lori said...

good job, Em! Your blog is cute, thanks for sending me the link!

Momma Sarah said...

OH I am so right there with you! Way to go Emily! Yeah Mom for celebrating so well! It's the little things that make us happy, right?

The Doctors Wife said...

how old is she now? I need to get Lindsay potty trained. I've just been too busy with Katie to do it.

Boyd Box said...

She's 22 months. We've been working on potty training for several months already (since March at least).