13 June 2008

Emily's Day

Eric had the day off yesterday and we milked it for all it was worth. We went to the park in the morning and met Stef and Caleb there. When we got home, we ate lunch and Eric changed the oil on his car before we got ready to go swimming. Lori and her family invited us up to their pool and it was amazing! Such a great pool! Em was in 7th heaven with the "wattie". She has no fear of anything. She loved the slide and wanted to go down by herself (uh, no thank you, my dear...you really don't know how to swim nor hold your breath is you go under the water). Eric put her up on the side of the pool to let her jump into the water to him and she'd try to jump to the side of him. Of course, when I tried to do it, Em tried to reach my hands before attempting to jump. There's something she doesn't trust me about her and water (and this spans over to baths, even!!).
It was a lot of fun, ending with us grabbing dinner on the way home and Em falling asleep in the car. (She didn't stay asleep the whole night, just took a nap at that point but still went to bed as usual). Today we are all a bit sore and wanting a pool so we could be in better shape. Seriously, we didn't actually swim but just played in the water with Emily and we're this sore!!
Thanks for the pool invite, Garretts!!

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

See that's why you need a membership with me to go swim at the Wellness center. Although mines on hold right now, but I will be activly swimming again after this baby is born.

Stefanie said...

And I'm up for playing at that park anytime, it's great not to have to chase Caleb around all the time there.

Boyd Box said...

I know, I love that park! And it's so much better when Caleb is there to chase and play with Emily. Then I can be the bump on a log I was born to be!