16 June 2008

Never Ending Soup Bowl

We were invited to go to dinner with the Dixon's tonight. There was a new restaurant opening and we thought we'd check it out. It's Vietnamese food: Pho ("Fa") Saigon Noodle House. Eric ordered some fried roll/noodle/pork dish while Ryan, Stef and I all ordered the Pho, which is the "chicken noodle soup" of Vietnam, as Stef puts it. They had large bowls and basically finished them. I had the small bowl and by the end of my continuous eating for nearly an hour, it looked like I had the same amount as I began with. It was good and I seriously ate, but I didn't make a dent in my food! It made me think of Elijah and the widow's cake. Too bad rice noodles don't keep...I probably could eat that all week before finishing it!!

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

we'll just have to keep going until we get your stomach stretched to hold a small bowl of Pho or even a large bowl if we go enough but that one takes time.