30 May 2009

Swallow!!

I tried to look back to see if I had published this story and couldn't find it, so if it is somewhat of a repeat, continue reading because I'm actually telling the other half of the story.
Awhile ago, Emily was eating a burger in the van (I don't typically like to eat in the van, but sometimes you do what you have to do). I wanted her to finish eating the morsel she was working on. She had been chewing it and chewing it and chewing it. It was disgusting and I wanted her to swallow it already. I told her, "Swallow it." She chewed more. "Swallow it!" I started getting annoyed. She only chewed bigger and opened her mouth the more I ordered her to swallow it. Thinking she must not understand the word, I explained what I wanted her to do. In the end, I made her spit it out (she was never going to swallow it...I think she was using it like gum, which she isn't allowed to have).
So, today, she was eating some PB Cheese Crackers (we lovingly refer to these as salmonella crackers due to the recall on these this past year). After swallowing a few bites, she informs me, "Mommy, I swallow!" I am glad to know she finally understands the meaning of that word!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Caleb does this ALL THE TIME. We'll be getting ready for bed and realize that he has something in his mouth. It is usually his last bite from dinner. GROSS! Maybe they just like their food too much to let it go. LOL. (Yeah right)