11 May 2009

Childhood Fun

I've recently taken on one of my nieces a few times a week while her mom pursues her education. It's great because Emily gets a (female) playmate. I'm not really big on going out and doing mostly because I don't like to plan. Anyway, I've realized in my few years of being a mommy that I should compile a list of childhood activities. This will be a great resource as I keep the girls occupied (and again when it is just Emily and myself and as Gianna gets big enough to "do" things, too).
I'd love for any ideas you have. Here are things I've come up with thus far:
wooden blocks, children's books
lincoln logs, various size/purpose balls
legos, water-paint books
hula hoop, sewing cards
tricycle/wagon/"big wheels," paper dolls
bubbles and various wands, plastic link bulbs
jump rope, cooking/grocery toys
coloring books/crayons/doodle pads/magna doodle
"little people" stuff, cars and car blanket
dress-up clothes, puzzles (ranging from the simplistic to the actual picture puzzles)

And now I can't think of anything else...so please, please add!!
Oh, and of course, there are also games we played as kids:
hide and seek
tag
what else?

3 comments:

Momma Sarah said...

Looks like you've got a pretty good list going there already! I can't think of anything to add! Playdoh, maybe???

The Doctors Wife said...

Playdoh is a deffinite must. You can even make playdoh so you know it is non toxic. I have a peanut butter playdough recipe somewhere. Also, don't forget Duck Duck Goose.

miss said...

board games
Candyland, Chutes and Ladders,etc.

And forts! And big wheels. And bikes. And sidewalk chalk.. And our wagon...

Can ytou tell I grew up with boys?

And don't forget hot lava monster!