16 May 2009

Mommy, You Mad

Facial expressions are one of the first ways we interact with other humans. Because of this, your children quickly learn to rely on what your face is telling them when your voice is not (such as when you have to discipline for something that is actually hilarious...they'll miss the correction if they catch that smirk on your face!).
I was plucking some eyebrow hairs during my beauty regimen tonight and Emily asked me what was wrong. I tried to convince her that nothing was wrong even while I was concentrating on grabbing the offending hair. Of course, I am also blind and have to get close up on the mirror (holding it in my hand) to even see what I'm getting at. So, here I am basically glaring at the mirror with my daughter inquiring after my emotional state. Emily wouldn't believe me and informed me in her very matter-of-fact manner, "Mommy, you mad." I disagreed with her and she again told me that I was mad. This time, she furthered her explanation since her mommy wasn't getting it. "Mommy, you face mad, so you mad when you face mad." And, there you have it.

1 comment:

Momma Sarah said...

True, true! Just quit glaring at yourself while plucking! ha ha!