19 May 2009

A Busy Day

I have been accomplishing more and more each day that we've had the puppies. I know it sounds crazy, but it is true. They force me to get out of bed and truly start moving at 6:30 every morning (well, they tried a 4:30 am yesterday, but that's not going to fly). So, I got up, took them potty, then worked with them on walking on a lead (this is definitely more difficult with two). Koa does very well, but Nani...well, she's going to take some patience.
After the walk, I came back in and worked out "with" my sister Rachel. Yes, long distance, but it can work! From there (mind you, I am also providing breakfast for my kids and getting them dressed for the day as usual, too), I did the laundry and cleaned the kitchen. And took the dogs out again (they had surgery last Friday, so they are still on confinement for that, but they are also being house trained).
Right after lunch, my niece came over and played with Emily, allowing me more time to get something done. So, while they played and Gianna napped, I pulled out the mower and got most of the yard done. Of course, there is a strip in the front yard still unfinished as I had to address Emily's meltdown over finding Up-she in the washing machine.
Brianna got picked up, Emily went down for her nap, Gianna needed more attention. Dogs out again.
By the time Eric got home, I felt like it had been a productive and busy day. We then had to run to Pet Smart to exchange a few items. Since we were out, Eric treated us to dinner at Cracker Barrel. It was nice to get out and enjoy dinner...especially since it was free (thanks Mama and Daddy!...Eric's b-day gift card).
And you know what? I slept really soundly...and so did everyone else!

2 comments:

The Roes said...

I am not that accomplished each day, but I'm getting there! I'm sleeping a whole lot better now that I'm back on a regular workout schedule. Thanks for working out with me! [sness = an incomplete sneeze]

Stefanie said...

That's a good day!