02 June 2009

Growing Up

Last night when Eric got home, Emily jumped into his arms and announced, "I big like Mommy!" Although she isn't THAT big, she definitely is growing up. She is very independent in her daily toddler routine. She even says prayers by herself now (of course, Heavenly Father is probably employing the gift of tongues with her as some it comes out as gibberish, but I can tell by the cadence that she is repeating what she thinks we have said in our prayers).
Don't think that Gianna is waiting around to be pampered, either! She has grown up a lot in the past month, too. She took her first "assisted steps" about a week ago. I can't believe the strength that seemed to come to her in the past few weeks. She turns herself over from tummy to back and back to tummy. She can stand up in her saucer-toy. She can even sit for brief periods of time on her own (somewhat Buddha-like, though).
I am so amazed in my opportunity to play the role of mother. Watching my daughters grow and change is incredible! I can't imagine not being here every minute to see it happen.

No comments: