11 June 2009

Emily's First Recorded Story

Growing up, I had the dream of becoming an author. I started wanting to write after reading some starts to stories that my older sister Sarah did(I think I've finally overcome the fear of a dead person's body behind the bathtub curtain, Sarah...what were you reading/watching back then?). I attended the Young Author's program for several years (almost never submitting a story...I didn't want it just thrown into the bundle that they put together and submitted as a booklet at the local library). In my early teen years, I penned quite a few "good" ones and still have the dream of someday becoming a household name author. Anyway, I keep thinking that I need to record Emily's stories and I finally got one. This is one she told Eric a couple nights ago and we wrote it down to keep it. Enjoy!

The "Lion-Tiger Story" by Emily Kaye Boyd, age 2 (date 8June2009)

Once upon a time, there a tiger. And tiger got Johnna. And gotta save Johnna. And I superhero (arms flex out as wings). And I zap. And I save Johnna. And Johnna happy. And Emily happy. And then a two tigers in a house. And they get Mommy, Daddy, and Sheepie, and Emily, and Johnna. And I zap two. Zap! Zap! And I save them. And then there a dragon. And dragon get Daddy and Sheepie. And I superhero. And I “shweew(flying sound)” and I save them. The End.

1 comment:

Momma Sarah said...

Cute story! I think she's got your story writer genes!

And, I don't remember about the story of the dead person behind the shower curtain!