12 June 2009

Humor by the Penny

I don't know if anyone has ever actually "read" the Penny Pincher. It's quite hilarious. We had some good laughs as we read some advertisements in the latest edition for our town.
For instance:
"Free Pickup on salvage lawn mowers, 4-wheelers, motorcycles, golf carts, and unwanted poultry." No joke! I mean, when I'm getting rid of my lawn mower, I'm always in need of throwing out the turkey and the chicken, too!

"Wanted: Free toy chihuahua, not over 5 lbs, full-blooded preferred." Wow! You want a free dog with HUGE stipulations?? Yeah, full-blooded dogs are always walking around for donation!

"Wanted: A good recipe for deviled eggs." Uh, heard of a cook book or a google search?? And, I love that you put it in the Penny Pincher because people are always looking in there to share a recipe, right?

"Wanted: Small dog (puppy)" Then just say you want a puppy! And you probably want it for free...get in line after the 5 lb chihuahua guy. He won't take one that is 5.3 lbs, so you may be in luck!

"Wanted: AKC German Shepherd male. Willing to trade my things to get one. Will be kept indoor." What kind of "things" do you have that someone would really want to GIVE you an AKC GSD... really?

No comments: