25 June 2009

Emily the Builder

There are many scriptural references to building, Jesus being the Master builder. I have wondered at the concept of building and creating and how doing this pleases our God when we do it righteously. I also have wondered how different people are blessed with specific talents: creating beautiful music, painting or sculpting the human form, composing a beautiful photo, doing carpentry or masonry. As a parent, it is my responsibility to encourage the discovery and development of these talents.
I've posted before about Emily's building skills. She has recently been identifying the objects she is trying to create (ie: stable, castle, etc.). This is a video to show the depth of her skills as she incorporates other objects to obtain the desired effect. We bought her the different shaped blocks for her birthday and it is taking everything I have not to go ahead and give them to her now. Sure, August is just around the corner, but I have also witnessed the development of her creativity and want to keep up with her, too.

2 comments:

The Roes said...

I love how creative children can be. I didn't know Haydn knew what a train was until we had him in a shopping cart and singing "choo - choo" but it sounds more like "whoo - whoo". Very cute Emily! "I am a builder, building my home..." Gotta love Primary!

Lori said...

very cool, emily! i'm glad you video taped it, she'll love to see that some day!