22 September 2009

A Sampling of Eric

I claim this is our family blog, but it isn't. Let's be serious. I always write. So, for a treat, here is Eric. Now, a little background. He has a class this semester that is requiring him to keep a journal of his encounters with "interactive devices and their interfaces." So, he came home with this one and I thought it was funny. Remember, this is to be turned into to his college professor, a 60 yr old computer teacher.

Journal Entry 3:
Today I cooked a corn dog in the microwave at work for my lunch. The corn dog is a simple, yet complex tasty treat that is ready for consumption after forty five seconds of heat application from the microwave. The microwave was just as simple as the corn dog, yet not as tasty.
The microwave that I used for my food preparation was a Magic Chef MCB780W. It is simple in design with a numeric keypad, a single line digital timer readout panel and a few more keys, preset for certain types of foods and their designated cook times.
To cook my meal all that I had to do was open the microwave door, place the corn dog on the rotating glass cooking platform, and close the door. With the corn dog placed in the oven portion, I then pressed the “4” key followed by the “5” key, and finished my entry by pressing the “start” key. The microwave immediately began to emit its heat-filled waves of preparation for the demise of my future meal.
After forty five seconds my meal was ready for its doom. My corn dog was cooked evenly and displayed a thin stream of steam. I was thoroughly grateful for the effectiveness of the microwave in cooking my corn dog and its efficiency and ease of use in data entry to hasten the process of consumption and digestion.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Nice. Now I'm hungry for a corn dog. :o)

The Roes said...

Thanks for spelling out how to set the microwave for 45 seconds! Sadly, I do know a few people who would need that though.