06 September 2009

Genealogy

I haven't done much of anything with my genealogy or that of my friend's for quite a few months. Other things have taken precedence or my attention. However, I am looking forward to preserving the autobiography of my friend, which he is entrusting me with in a month (he currently has visitors staying with him). I am so excited to get my hands on it and get to read this man's incredibly interesting life.
I also just got a message from a lady who has more information on this man's maternal grandmother's line. I mentioned this before, but this is also the line that goes back and ties into my own family line. How incredible to make those connections. I'm really excited to receive the documents she has which verify the pedigree charts I have already found and pieced together.
The internet, computers, and technology are amazing as they continue to connect me with such a varied amount of information. It's incredible to be able to post information and have a complete stranger in a location you would never look to be able to answer the request!!

No comments: