04 September 2009

Inspired

Let's just see how long it lasts.
A friend of mine just let me in on a "secret". She is currently writing a novel. She's one of my heroes. This woman is seriously amazing. What I love about her: she accomplishes her dreams and ideas because she DOES. That's it. She just actually says she wants to do something and then she does. No procrastination. No self-doubt. She just DOES. I love that!
Now, to work on it myself. I am going to start a bit smaller, but I have so many ideas for children's books (I know, who would have thought!). I just need to sit down and write them out. Of course, I love to type, but there is something so rewarding and, dare I say it, magical about the pen and paper. So, if I seem to be a bit of a recluse in the next months, blame it on the rain....but really, I don't think I'll stray to far from this forum (even if I'm talking to myself). =)

2 comments:

Kristen Applebee said...

let's read and critique each other's stuff. I've been totally jealous of writer's groups who hold each other's feet to the fire with deadlines.

Stefanie said...

I think that is so great, go Liz!