23 September 2009

Law Enforcement Phone Call

If (whatever county) Law Enforcement appears on your caller ID, what thoughts come into your head? I admit, I was a bit concerned (as it was the general time that Eric would have been on lunch break) that I was getting notified of an accident. I quickly checked my answering machine. This is a big deal since I just normally ignore the thing...which is filled mostly by hang-ups or partial messages for this or that telemarketer. I figure, anyone really wanting to get in touch with me will call my cell or text me. If you don't have my cell, we probably aren't that close; nor would you need the secondary number (which, if you are reading this and find yourself w/o that number and realize that it would be beneficial, here's your opportunity to leave a comment!).
Back to the story...
As I kept deleting through the messages of dial tones and clicks, I came to what matched up with the time of the Law Enforcement call. Totally NOT law enforcement...I mean, unless libraries have really gotten serious about overdue books (none of which I have) or limiting the number you have out at one time (which can tend to be excessive for me). For some reason, our local library has as it's caller ID "----- County Law En"...thus leading to either panicked grabbing of the phone on the last ring or piling through annoying amounts of ridiculous messages on the answering machine only to discover that, oh, your book is in.

No comments: