12 September 2009

Gianna the Bulemic and Other Fun Stuff

Motherhood is two parts inspiration, one part forgetfulness. I do not remember Emily being such a Vomit Comet. Every bottle Gianna drinks ends up with at least one spit-up somewhere on the floor. I don't mind the hardwood floors, but the area rug in the living room is going to need to be seriously cleaned at some point. At least she is happy, though, right?
She also loves to torment her sister. Already!?! Yes. She sees whatever Emily is playing with and wants in on the action...as destructive and slobbery as she can be. So, I occasionally use myself as a barrier. Most often, this is only a deterrent for a moment as she skillfully climbs over anything in her path. I end up resorting to pretending that I am a floating log in a bog and try to turn slowly enough not to tip her over but quickly enough to keep her on the designated side.
Emily also likes to keep me busy with races in the backyard and constant bubble blowing. Do you know how much lung capacity it takes to be a successful mother? I'm just glad I developed some lungs in my years as an athlete and musician.
Oh, and just a tip to pass on...when mowing the lawn, remember to apply ample sunscreen and wear gloves if you want to pass off on Sunday that you are a lady.

3 comments:

The Doctors Wife said...

We called Katie Pukerella because she spit up so much.

The Roes said...

Haydn's doctor told us to keep him off his stomach for at least 10 minutes after he eats to avoid spit ups. They seemed to stop when he started walking. Then there is always the milk allergy (two of your nephews have it).

It does take a lot to be a mother. Today I played "chase" with Haydn. It was not tag because I only was allowed to chase after him. There's my cardio!

Momma Sarah said...

I guess if there are no messes to clean up, then you don't have kids in the house, huh??? And, if you are not COMPLETELY pooped at the end of the day, you didn't have kids all day, either! I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to do this 'mom thing' with 4! And, eventually, Ema nd Gianna will play nicely together - if only for 5 minutes!