07 April 2009

Reality vs Perceived Reality

Have you ever had those dreams that just seem too much like reality that you can't tell the difference and actually physically act out what is going on in your dream? Last night I startled Eric with this. I popped up out of bed and yanked up my pillow. At that point, I was awake and realized it was a dream. I explained to my poor husband that I apparently was dreaming that Gianna peed on my pillow and was trying to save it from her. I also recognized that I've had a lot of these caliber dreams lately and it is very tiresome. Your body just doesn't get the rest it needs when you keep on moving and processing "real life" situations.
I had a similar problem while a missionary. I woke one companion with my arms outstretched reciting scripture about the prophesy of the Bible and the Book of Mormon (two sticks). Even after going to bed after a long day, I was still trying to proselyte in my dreams. It got so bad that I needed a blessing. Although it is probably fairly humorous for the onlooker, it is incredibly tiresome for the individual.

1 comment:

miss said...

No French phrases anymore?