03 April 2009

Impromptu Reunion

The Lasley family keeps on growing. My parents have nine children. Five of us are married. There are a total of 11 grandchildren. And one significant other who might as well be considered part of the family (we're all just waiting for the announcement and date). That gives a grand total of 23 people...as long as no one is withholding information on pregnancy. It becomes quite the party when we all get together, so I am really looking forward to our trip to Missouri. All but one sibling will be able to make it (we'll miss you Arnold family!!).
As Rachel and I discussed the event of her and her husband's endowments and sealing, we realized what that really means for babysitters. Our two youngest siblings are willing to help out with babysitting, but when you really look at it...it is quite a lot of small children...three of whom are infants. I'm so thankful that Rachel has good friends who will help out as well and offered to take on some of the crew. It'll break up the insanity between 4 adults (Jake, you're nearly old enough to be considered as such). 6, 3, 2, 1, 1, 9 months, 6 months, 3 months. Sounds like a brood?

2 comments:

Momma Sarah said...

I am so bummed that we aren't going to be there. We are going to be missing the party! I so wish we were coming as a surprise... be sure to take lots and lots and lots of pictures and give everyone hugs from us!

The Roes said...

We had our last Temple Prep class tonight. I can't believe that we've gone through all the classes, and are just waiting for people to show up. I cry every time I think about us going and how awesome it is going to be with the family there. (remin)