20 April 2009

Lions and Tigers and Bears!

Oh my! Or, at least a horse and a bear, that is.

A couple of my siblings and I decided to take a quick trip over to Lexington, Missouri, where we spent some fun growing up years in this house.


When we get together, we tend to remember a lot of games and years spent in this home. The people who purchased it when we moved are still living there, 19 years later. It's a lot different, but still the same building. It was really fun to walk through those rooms again and briefly chat about our memories of things as they were "back in the day". I think a favorite memory would probably be our invented game of "Hot Lava Monsters" or restaurant (where the chef was shut in the dark closet) or "Houdini" (we would tie each other to a small wooden chair with a jump rope and topple them over onto the floor with a blanket over them and see how quickly they could escape). Fun, fun times as a family of nine!
Oh, and the bear and the horse have their own story...but that is for another day...

1 comment:

The Roes said...

I think the house looks so much smaller green than it did white. I must admit though, I'm not fond of all the changes they did to the house. You can't take a butler's pantry out of an old house! (weere)