28 April 2009

Georgia Peaches Roll Home

We're home. Actually, we've been home since Sunday evening. We spent yesterday (Eric's last vacation day) restocking the fridge and getting things together for our normal routine. It was a good vacation, although a bit busy with everything we did and saw. It's too bad we're a full day's drive away from my family, but we have Eric's family here.
Speaking of his family, I have to say that his Daddy is just amazing and kind. He took it upon himself to check on our house while we were gone. I'm glad we had the house alarm so that we knew no one could enter. Turns out that I actually left the back door unlocked completely!! (Stef will find that really funny since I left the dryer door open when we left and I asked her to come over and close it and then retracted it because I locked the house with latches and all...or not, apparently.) The alarm was still set, so no worries there. But, back to Daddy...he even came over last weekend and mowed our entire lawn so it wouldn't be there staring at us when we got back. It's wonderful to have everything taken care of so I don't have to stress out this week.
So, we were gone and now we're back. We missed the greater part of April but it still didn't seem long enough. I guess you can never really get your fill of family when you only see them once a year!

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Glad you guys are back and everything is well with your house. So did your dryer light burn out? :o)