28 April 2009

Nauvoo the Beautiful


One of my favorite places in the world is an old town called Nauvoo. It is an historic place and is also the place Eric and I were married. We recently returned to this town to see the historic sites and enjoy time there with my sister Rachel and her family. It was fun, although we probably pushed the kids too hard.
I've grown up with this place. As a young child, my family visited this town and there wasn't a whole lot there. It seems that every time I return now, there is something else they have restored or incorporated to let you experience more fully what the people of Nauvoo did in the 1840's.
We watched a play, took a wagon ride, toured historic buildings, and even got to pet two oxen. I love Nauvoo and I'll be excited the next time we get to visit, too.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I love Nauvoo! Looks like you guys had a fun trip! How fun!

The Roes said...

I loved getting to take that wagon ride through town. Very fun! We'll definitely have to do it again. [feoliew -- are we sure these aren't words in another language?]