29 April 2009

Lexington-Independence Trip II

Upon further request...here are some more photos from the Lexington-Independence trip. It was interesting to see these places and the changes that have taken place. The street lights in Lexington are really cool. I remember being able to play outside until the light came on. Then we would have to come inside before Mom got a phone call from some lady down the street that would complain about our noise level. =)

My biggest memory about the Independence house was when Dad drove away while I stood on the top of the stairs wailing because he left me as I was not being cooperative when he told me to get in the car. Hmmm...perhaps that is why I'm okay with "leaving" Emily in the store and walking away from her (I can always see her, but she doesn't need to realize that yet). I also remember getting in the red VW bug and going on my first cruise down the street with Steve behind the wheel (I'm not sure how old we were, but he couldn't have been older than 5...making me at most, 3). I also remember pounding on the ice on the stairs with a hammer after an ice storm rolled through. We also had a neighbor who lived behind us (did she have red hair?) that I didn't like very much because she never let me play with the big kids (Rachel and I were referred to as "the little girls"...even by our younger brothers).
Before the Independence house, we lived in the Hawthorne Townhouses. I don't really remember this, but I remember going to the Fuimonos (sp?) who made really delicious food. General Conferences were topped by lunch/dinner at these family friends' home.
I have more pictures to post, but will get to those in another post.

1 comment:

Momma Sarah said...

WOW! The Hawthorne place is the same. The 31st Terr. house used to have a pink/salmon colored siding and the house next door was blue! Great pics, by the way!