31 March 2009

Reverence Rewarded

Sometimes I get annoyed with the "reverence talks" we have been drilled with lately at church. I understand the concept and am trying to instill it in my children. However, they should not be expected to never make a sound or to be able to sit still for an hour at the age of 2. Due to these talks, I have become a more nervous mother when I have my child in a quiet situation. However, I was very pleased to have many people come up to me tonight and comment on what a well-behaved child I have.
Emily, Gianna and I decided at last minute to go ahead and attend the ceremony tonight for the opening of the Berlin Airlift which is currently on display at the Warner Robins Museum of Aviation. The gentleman I've been working for (genealogy) was the Key Note speaker and invited us to go. Little did I know, I would be the youngest adult (by far) and no one else would have any children present. I was much relieved at the end of the night when several people commented on how well Emily did for sitting still and being quiet that long. One lady in particular commented that she noticed that I was getting nervous but that she really wasn't disrupting anything. In all reality, Emily was not as well behaved at the ceremony as she is at church, so I am inviting all mothers of young children to relax a bit. It'll be alright after all.
I'd also encourage anyone that is interested to check out information on the "Candy Bombers" and the Berlin Airlift. It truly shows the way of forgiveness as one moment Americans (and the Allies) were bombing these citizens and the next, they were assisting these citizens to overcome the barricade.

1 comment:

Momma Sarah said...

How neat to go to that ceremony! And way to Em and Gianna for showing off how you can be so cute and 'quiet'! Geesh, people really need to get a grip! After all, Jesus himself said to let the children come to Him. I don't think it gets any plainer than that! Obviously if they are screaming at the top of their lungs, take 'em out. But, come on!