04 March 2009

Simple Mathematics

Although I can't say that Math was a favorite subject of mine, I always did well with it. Perhaps because you can actually have a finite answer and you can double check the outcome. I won't say that it is my strong suit and avoided it when I got to college, but I could do basic word problems. For instance:
Jean and John go to the store. They find a product with a price of "c". When they take it to the counter, they pay for it with "a" and "b" which total "c" (a+b=c). However, when the product turns out to be faulty, they return it to the store and want to exchange it for another product. How much should Jean and John have from the returned item to purchase the other product?
I'd like to hear your responses before telling you the rest of the story.

4 comments:

Ryan said...

It depends on who is wearing the blue shirt and whether there is a restocking fee. ;-)

Boyd Box said...

no restocking fee, actually.

miss said...

Hmm...something tells me it isn' as easy as i think.

Crystal said...

Shouldn't they get "c" back? It cost "c" right? (plus tax of course.)