18 March 2009

Imagination Station

For the past couple of weeks, Emily has become very enthralled with her blocks. I have to admit, it has been very hard for me to play with her with this toy as I have been completely fascinated with her imagination. I can't really explain what she is doing, but she builds shapes I've never seen a child create (or, much less, an adult). When I was a child, I built maybe a wall, or a "castle" or even a block-style "house". She isn't creating buildings, but more like sculptures with these blocks. I'd take a picture to share with you, but her creating is a constant movement. I can't get an image of one creation before it is transitioning into another. It's kind of like watching inanimate objects taking on life. I just hope her thinking doesn't change too much as she grows up but that she can continue to view the use of objects in a different way...that's what they call inventors and artists, right?

2 comments:

The Roes said...

I am so excited to see what she does! Can you come tomorrow? =) (gringst)

Boyd Box said...

I wish!!!