04 March 2009

Watch Your Mouth, Mommy

As everyone knows, toddlers pick up on things very quickly...especially the spoken word, and especially when you don't want them to do so. A few years ago, I unintentionally taught my nephew the word "brat," which he promptly began referring to me with. I've tried to be careful about what I say so I don't repeat that with my own children (sorry, Angela!). Too bad bad habits are hard to break. Eric showed me yesterday that I have taught Emily an inappropriate phrase. It's something I say to her when she is being annoying.
Yesterday Eric had to tell Emily four times to close the garage door. At the fourth command, Emily responds to him by saying, "Oh-kay, Daddy!! You killing me!" Uh, good one, Liz. That'll go over well the first time she says it in nursery.

No comments: