21 March 2009

Sharing a Room


Gianna has been sleeping through the night for a few weeks now. I didn't put her in her crib until last night. Of course, she goes to bed before Emily, so I was hoping that it wouldn't disturb the poor child when Emily came to bed (yes, we opted to have the girls share a room so later they don't feel cheated when the 3rd child comes along. Also, Eric needed a study for his classes where he could lock himself away while doing online tests so little hands didn't turn off the computer midway through.). After putting Emily down, I thought, "Wow! We get to sleep childless tonight!" How wrong was I? Emily got up twice during the night. The first time I didn't know she'd climbed into bed behind me until I turned over and discovered her quietly snoring. The second time, I just let her get in bed with us anyway. Of course, when I woke up to a wet back, I was a little frustrated (she's been potty trained forever at this point, so it was highly unusual for this to happen in the first place).
Still, I'm very excited to have the girls in their own room. Here's hoping for a better night this evening!

1 comment:

The Roes said...

It's so nice to finally have your room back to yourselves. If you think about it...Gianna's been with you for about a year now! By the way, I love Emily's new bed! (exualed)