31 August 2009

Walkie-Talkie vs Texty-Wexty

I remember being facinated by walkie-talkies when I was little. It was so cool to push a button and talk to someone you couldn't see. No wires. So cool. Then came the age of cell phones. Push-to-talk phones seemed so cool because I am NOT a fan of talking on the phone. We were first with Nextel and I could quickly connect with someone else, but only on the network. Still, it was a bit unnerving to suddenly have a voice speaking from the phone.
Enter text-messaging. I love texting. It's perfect. I can quickly send a message or carry on a lackadaisical conversation without worrying about being on the phone when I need to be doing something else.
If I could have a service that was strictly texting and no calls, I would so be a customer! Why can't I just have a texty-wexty?? (I'm sure there is probably some toy out there that does it, but I want a real product.)

No comments: