08 August 2009

Anticipation

I mentioned awhile back that I felt something in the air about a new calling at church. For those of you who may not know, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a volunteer church. There is not a paid ministry, so positions are extended through inspiration and revelation and you only serve for a relatively short amount of time (most callings only last a few years).
I was asked earlier this week to come in to speak with a member of the bishopric (well, technically, he asked if my husband and I could come in and speak with him before church starts on Sunday). I'm a little anxious to find out what position it is.
I've debated with my immediate family (Eric and Susan) what the potential calling could be (anyone remember being a missionary and casting your "picks" for transfers?). There are some "definites" involved due to current events and the person extending the calling. I know the Lord will confirm this for me when I am asked, but it doesn't mean that there won't be sacrifices along the way. I WILL be glad to get to church tomorrow morning and find out what exactly the Lord would have me do at this time. In the meantime, I'll ponder about what the Lord trusts me with and the things I need to improve upon. I'm sure I'll be confronted with both with this new calling.

1 comment:

Em said...

I am so excited to have you in Nursery! I know you will be awesome!!