20 August 2009

Austen to Brother

I finished reading Jane Austen's Persuasion today and exchanged a book for "holding hands" with my brother (sewing machine) for my next project: this bag.

I need something to cart books and items to and from church now that I have a new calling and Eric has to leave for work before the third hour.
Awhile back, a friend of mine put a bag on her sewing blog. I glanced at it and got a general idea of it before taking my own variation-on-a-theme with it. To be honest, I've been so distracted with all my other endeavors that I have neglected the projects on her blog. It's constructed of wool and linen (two random material blocks I had received from a friend at church over a year ago!), so my books and the eventual puppet will stay warm during transport.
It still needs the handles attached as well as the butterfly appliques, but not bad for a quick project.

1 comment:

The Roes said...

Very cute! I wish I knew how to sew. Maybe I should have paid more attention back when I was in YW, huh. I do know how to cook though...thankfully! =)