30 August 2009

New Profile Pic

It's ridiculous. I know. The reason I like photography is that I can be behind the camera.
The first "assignment" for the photo club (to join, click here) is a self-portrait. Hello! Hard!! I have a remote, so it isn't even as difficult as the timer, but I still couldn't remember to smile! Instead, I got this weird, quirky smile on my face and just had to go with it. I think I probably tried to get a "good" picture for about an hour. My one hour of freedom Saturday and I spent it frustrated with attempting a self-portrait.
Oh, did I mention that I don't even have any training/education in photography? Yeah, it's just a hobby that I would love to improve upon. I have dreams (though, distant) that one day it can become a paid-hobby, but until I get some formal training, I don't think it would be fair to charge.
Sure, read books, get experience. All that good stuff. Still, I am a firm believer in pedagogy. I'd love to be able to attach myself to some "real" photographer here and be their apprentice, but let's be reasonable. I am a mom and it's Eric's turn for education right now.
So, in the meantime, this is what I am doing to try to educate myself a little.

No comments: