17 August 2009

No-no Mommy

Anyone who has spent enough time with us knows that Gianna definitely has a set of lungs. Strong, full lungs. She loves to hear herself project her voice into volumes and notes unsuitable for enclosed rooms. I don't really know what to do with her because she IS happy. She has just gotten to the "this is really annoying" stage. I typically have to remove her from the room to let her know this is not acceptable behavior (come on! She's just over 7 months old!).
This evening, after yet another session of her screaming and her "time out" period were finished, I let her rejoin us in the living room. She began again. As she was sitting behind me, I turned my head and said, "Gi-an-na" to which she immediately began shaking her head back and forth. I didn't even know that she knew how to do it. She repeated it several times with her mocking smile as if she really intended for me to know that she was NOT going to stop screeching.

(On a side note, just so you know how bad this has gotten, Emily has also started correcting Gianna with a firm "Jonna 'leese!" her form of "Gianna Elise". Also know that Emily doesn't even yet recognize that she herself also has a two-name-you-are-in-trouble name.)

No comments: