26 August 2009

A Bit of Work

Don't get me wrong, I am very excited and not at all bothered by it, but the book club I am in charge of has definitely filled my time. There are so many aspects to consider and prepare, especially since I've never even participated in one before.
My latest endeavor: making selections thematically for the club. I've compiled a list and organized titles into large-scale genres (ie: novel, short story, play, essay, etc.). From this, I now need to select a couple of titles for the club to choose from for the next few months. It's difficult to choose as there are such great pieces of literature out there!! Some of these titles I have read or am at least familiar with; while others, I am not so acquainted. However, I have to become at least informed as I am, in the end, accountable for what is contained in those pages when read in a church-sponsored book club.
I am so grateful for a friend who directed me to this article as it helps me to know that the discipline with which I am preparing for this book club is what my Heavenly Father would have me to do. It is not lightly that we should consider the words with which we fill our minds. Therefore, you won't find literary french fries on the menu!

No comments: