07 August 2009

Birthday Gift...Sew WHAT?

I have no idea what to get as gifts for other people's children. To be completely honest, we don't hang out with anyone enough to know particular likes or dislikes. I hate getting generic things that might work. And, as a parent, I am already disgruntled with the way all the toys keep piling up and are never played with. Taking my likes and dislikes as a parent, I chose a different route.
Tomorrow we have Emily's party in the morning, and one of her friend's party in the evening. After hunting around for something that didn't cost an arm and a leg but that was also worthwhile and the kid would enjoy it...I opted for this instead.
This is a non-patterned, make-it-up-in-my-head kind of project. It's a bit wide for a 2 yr old and probably too long, too, but I had fun making it and am so in love with it that I have to make one for Emily soon.
Hey, and Kiki (Lori)...no peeking!

4 comments:

Lori said...

I love it!! glad i got a sneek peek, haha!! i made emily's gift too!! aren't we two little crafty moms!

The Doctors Wife said...

Sew cute! haha. You could always give gift certificates for play dates. We've done that a couple of times where we gave a certificate to come over, go swimming and enjoy a favorite treat.

Boyd Box said...

Lori, that chalkboard is so stinking cute!! I think homemade gifts make it more special.
Jules, that is an AWESOME idea!! I will have to make some of those for sure!
And, YES! I'm all about the exclamation point tonight!

Momma Sarah said...

That is sew cute! Happy Birthday Em! We love you and wish you all didn't live so far away!