26 August 2008

Frog Hunt

What do you need for a frog hunt? A mini maglight flashlight and an empty blocks' bag.
We've been getting quite a bit of rain thanks to Fay hanging out south of us longer than expected. Due to that rain, we've also see a lot more frogs (toads? I don't really know the difference in classifications). As Emily loves frogs (and her Mema bought her a few to reinforce that idea), I decided to take her outside during one of our periods of no rainfall for a "frog hunt". I had no idea she'd have such fun with the concept. We walked all around the house jumping at anything that moved. I actually found two frogs during our hunt, but Emily only saw the one that was kinda trapped on the porch next to the grill.
Oh, and I assume you think that's where the story ends. How wrong you are! Apparently our home has been inundated with frogs as we've continued our frog hunt inside for over an hour now (I had to beg a break as all the running and jumping around the house was starting to make me feel overheated and ill). It's so cute!! Of course, Emily's imagination is NOT lacking and sometimes the frogs jump away before bagging them or, gasp!, they actually bite her!! I'm just grateful this isn't a real plague and only an imaginary one.

1 comment:

Lori said...

i can't believe you went on a frog hunt and actually saw one, how fun. emily is such a fun kid!