31 August 2008

Bugs Can Scream

Last night we went to the grocery store...not so much for groceries but a little venture to see if I could even get to church today (we were asked to sing again...and after having to cancel due to sickness earlier this month, I didn't want to repeat it). Turns out that I was unable to push the pedals without being in pain, so Eric had to drive.
So, after getting the few groceries we needed, we got back in the car. As I leaned back against the seat, I heard this strange "Eaaaawch!" noise and felt some kind of object behind me. I leaned forward and tried to look behind me. I was greeted by a rather large face of something...I wasn't sure what it was. Eric came and looked and then had to go find something to knock it off of me. As Eric hit it a second time, the thing made the same screeching noise. I was so grossed out from what I had felt of this bug on my back. Eric informed me that it was a rather large (like 3 inches long) horned beetle of some kind. Sadly, we didn't get a picture, but I did get the heebegeebies for the rest of the night.

4 comments:

miss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
miss said...

i can never live in georgia now. ewwwwwwww!

I'll have to tell you about my run-ins (and run-overs) with box elder bugs when i lived in the granary...\they pop when you run them over.

Stefanie said...

Again, Ewwwwwww! I would have died, I hate BUGS!!!

Momma Sarah said...

My skin is crawling now... YUCK! I'll focus on my 'pet' frogs trying to croak on the balcony now... EWWWWWWW!