22 August 2008

Being a Brave Mommy

No one ever told me that mommies need to be brave concerning potty training. Emily has been doing really well without having accidents. I have finally realized that I am the one who needs to change now and actually trust her to let me know she needs to go when we are out and about or over night. So, last night, after her bath, she refused to put on a diaper and was adamant about the "big girl pants". I think Eric and I both went to bed dreading another mid-night waking (she hasn't been sleeping through the night lately) to bathe a girl and change a complete bed. We were delighted to wake up this morning (even sleeping in quite a bit!) to a dry bed and a daughter telling us she needed to go potty.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Good job Emily! Now you just need to teach Caleb how to do that.

Stefanie said...

ya for Em! I second what Ryan said