02 July 2008

Shoes that Walked Away

We had a fun-filled day yesterday. We went over in the morning to play with Caleb while Stef went to the doctor (she's due this coming Monday). The first thing that happened was Emily wetting her pants (she's on to "big girl" underware, so if she has an accident, it's a mess...but, she'll go on the potty more frequently this way). I took her into the bathroom and set her on the toilet. I then tried to hurriedly clean up the mess in the bedroom. To make a long story short, don't leave two toddlers unattended in the bathroom. When I got back there, they had thrown Emily's wet underware and jeans into the toilet (thankfully, they'd already flushed it so the water was clean)! Em had her shoes in hand and I feared that was going in next. We got her cleaned up and went about our morning playing.
When it was time to go home, I realized I didn't have her shoes. We looked everywhere and couldn't find them. We left, hoping they'd turn up sometime. After a day of looking, Stef still couldn't find them. I guess the shoes really did just get up and walked away.

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

This just cracks me up, I'm still looking too and can't find them. It's not like there's a ton of places for a pair of shoes to hide in my house either.

Ryan said...

I think Stef even looked in the Diaper Genie just in case the kids put the shoes in with all the dirty diapers. I don't know that you'd want them back if they'd been in there. ;-)

miss said...

Sounds like a mess but it's funny!