24 July 2008

Going Green

The world market is changing. Resources are being depleted. Gas prices are continuing to hike. What can we do? There's been such hype about going green, but it has it's perks, too...aside from "saving the planet." It can make you feel good, too!
About a month ago Eric purchased a bike and trailer so he could take Em on rides. I stayed home or walked beside them (not making it very fun for them). We thought that should change, so we went today and purchased a second bike: one for me. I love it! (For those of you who are concerned b/c I'm prego...it's okay. I just have to take precautions and try harder not to fall, and yes, I will stop riding when I get too big to be coordinated enough.) We already took them out for a family spin today and had so much fun! It was great to ride down to the store to grab a few items we needed and then up to our (new and beautiful) library and back home. Round-trip, that's 4 miles. Not too shabby for my first ride since the mish! And no gas expenditure, either!! And, that's not to mention how great I feel now after getting some good exercise.
Word to the wise: if any of you are planning to purchase bikes in the next year or so, now is a good time to do so. Due to the world economy and oil prices (as bikes are packed with oil), the 2009 models are about $50+ more expensive than the 2008 models. As the 2008 models get sold out, you'll be left paying that extra moola for the same bike.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my worst days was when I ealized I could no longer ride my bike safely. (I was 14, undiagnosed and thought it was only temporary. Haha!) They are so fun. I am excited for you.