15 July 2008

Big Nasty Bug


I'm so glad this thing was already dead! I get so grossed out by bugs, but when they come in supersize, it really freaks me out. Granted, I also know that when I have "permission to be a girl" I am more squirmy around bugs and yucky crawly things.
What do I mean? Well, during my mission, one of the companionship had to "be the man" and take care of all the icky, creepy crawlies. A lot of times I got to play that role (I think it mostly ran with the "senior companion" title).
In fact, in one area...lovely Paradise, we had a huge infestation of roaches. Golden roaches. Seemed fitting for the place. Anyway, we kept complaining about them and finally decided to bring a couple to district meeting to show the elders how gross it really was. At that point, I could handle (w/toilet paper or other barrier items between us) these nasty bugs. Now, they are not nearly as large as the "tree roaches" down here in GA, but it was still pretty gross. I eventually was granted permission to find a new apartment (which wasn't much improvement except for the roach issue).

2 comments:

Momma Sarah said...

Oh, now that is just gross! I'll take my 'pet' frogs over that thing!

The Doctors Wife said...

One thing the South has plenty of is bugs. Lots and lots of bugs. And most of them bite. I miss being able to roll around in the soft grass of Utah and CO. with out the fear of being bitten by something in it.