25 July 2008

Hit Me with Your Best Shot

Stealth and good aim are qualifications for a successful sniper. As I reach for the door latch, I move it as quietly as possible. I don't want my target to notice me before I can get him in my sights. I edge the door open slightly and point the barrel of my gun through the opening. Silently, I take aim; centering on this intruder. I adjust slightly to compensate for the distance my ammo must travel to hit the target. I squeeze the trigger and pray that I hit him with the first shot.
Got him! Right on target. The bully goes running off into the woods!
No, seriously, you have to take charge of your property around here. Living out of city limits has its perks, but also its downfalls. The biggest issue in our neighborhood are loose pets; namely dogs. We've had quite a few issues with people not containing their animals and since animal control doesn't cover our area, it's kind of up to the individuals living here. Our resort has been to use a BB gun, and I've become quite proficient in the use of it. It seems to be quite effective as these animals aren't sure what "bit" them over here, but they aren't too keen on coming back to find out. If they do, they suffer the same punishment.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Hahahahahaha! Nice, I love it. Ryan's grandpa used to do that with with all the birds that came into his yard until one day he missed the bird and knocked out the cabel box and then blamed it on the neighbor kids for shotting bb's.

The Doctors Wife said...

There is just something nice with shooting a gun too. I love to shoot Mike's shotgun now. of course we live in city limits so we have to drive to my Grandpa's land to do so.