05 April 2011

Winding Down

The girls are giving themselves baths (I know...it probably means a LOT of water on the floor), one puppy has the hiccups and is laying behind me, the other just fell off the sofa (I think he dozed off), Hannah is sleeping on the rug in front of me (our GSD), and I have two nearly complete Easter dresses on the ironing board. It feels like a pretty good day.
Just a few random thoughts just because this is my quasi-journal...
Apparently there was a pretty severe storm that roared through here last night. I heard the thunder and knew it was raining, but the only evidence in our neighborhood was a few overturned (but empty) trashcans and our overturned grape arbor thingy. The first blessing: trash day is Monday morning, so everyone had just had their cans emptied. The second blessing: nothing happened here...and we all pretty much slept through it. On our jaunt down to the library today, I came to understand why one local school was closed. The winds ripped through that area and ripped out a bunch of trees, even causing one street to be closed. I'm so grateful we didn't have any damage to our property or in the neighborhood and I really hope the damage others suffered can be easily and quickly remedied.
Another random point. The creators behind Tangled must have met my daughter. Rapunzel looks and acts so much like her that it is a bit uncanny. Even stranger is the fact that the horse Maximus resembles our GSD Hannah. Hilarious that this horse seems more like Hannah than Bolt who is supposed to be a GSD (I totally don't see it, but whatever).
And, a funny quote from Gianna. We do a recording of our blessings every night (see this article in The Friend magazine from President Eyring). Gianna has some pre-recorded messages...usually starting with something about her dog Booga. This time, she shouts, "Jesus cute!" We all tried to keep our composure in a moment of reverence, but sometimes kids can really throw you for a loop!

2 comments:

De España said...

We just watched Tangled on Sunday night. Love that movie. And I had no idea Bolt was supposed to be a German Shepherd, he doesn't look anything like one. I just googled it and one link said he's supposed to be a Belgian Malinois, which is some kind of off-shoot from German Shepherds, but I googled what they look like and Bolt doesn't look like that either (they pretty much just look like German Shepherds, but smaller). Anyway, glad to hear that you guys managed the storm without any damage!

De España said...

Okay I googled it again, and he's an American White Shepherd Dog. Those are also an off-shoot breed from German Shepherds. If you look up those images, you can see that Bolt looks like them. I guess I'm a weirdo, I just wanted to figure it out.