04 April 2011

I'll Tell You a Finance Secret

This is probably the funniest thing we've done lately. Get ready...we DOWNSIZED from our Kia Sedona (minivan) to a Mercedez-Benz. Yes, you read that correctly DOWNSIZED. And, when I use the term, I'm not just talking about the obvious loss of cargo space (because, with two kids, it wasn't a passenger issue). I'm talking about saving money monthly AND overall. Go figure!
When I was younger, my sisters and I sang a song (I learned it from one sister and I don't know if she made it up or learned it from someone else). Anyway, it was one of those campy-silly type songs. "I don't care if he's short, fat or tall--I don't care if he's ugly at all--(something, something something)...just as long as I can drive his Mercedez-Benz...(something) money-money-money..." It would make us laugh and there was no dream of actually ever driving or owning a Mercedez. Seriously. No aspirations at all. And yet, here I am, a SAHM who drives one. Granted, it isn't new, but we don't care. We are definitely working our way to financial freedom and this puts us one step closer!!
So, the moral of the story is...if you want to save money, purchase a Mercedez. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (BTW, this is completely a true story.)

No comments: