01 April 2011

In Trouble

So, I want to make this dress. I have the pattern cut, the fabric cut, and even the pleats made. However, I cannot figure out how to attach the bib-type insert on the front of the dress. The instructions on the pattern say to put right sides together and sew. If I do that, the edges don't line up. I can't figure it out and so I'm calling on all my sewing/design friends to help give me a clue. Am I supposed to match up the shoulders or line up the raw edges or what? It isn't very clear and I can only sew once (it's a brocade), so I can't mess up and do a redo. It'll ruin the fabric. Suggestions? Help!!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Do you have any scrap fabric you could practice on? That might help you figure out how to do and then you would only have to sew once on the real fabric. Sorry, I don't have any other ideas. Hope you figure it out!