18 April 2011

Starting Our Traditions




Although we don't do the imaginary characters associated with different holidays, I do think having traditions is important.
I have memories of my own mother making us new Sunday dresses. Now that I have skills near enough for making special dresses, I thought I would begin this tradition in our own family. I probably bit off a bit more than I should have, but I've learned and at least they have dresses (and Eric has a tie) to wear on Sunday to celebrate Easter.

3 comments:

Tanya Smith said...

Nice! You were brave to sew with a satin material...not easy.

SA Photography said...

Beautiful! I wish I was that brave! Satin to boot!? I was feeling pretty good that I finally finished my girls quilts for their beds that I started at Thanksgiving. WHEW! That Christmas present is finished!

kemeki said...

They're beautiful! What a great tradition!