11 February 2011

Valentine's Life

As Valentine's Day approaches, I can't but help to remember my roommate Sarah. I'll forever remember her "Single Awareness Day" article. Hilarious. But, I also have never understood this "holiday". Why do we have to set aside ONE day for something we should be doing EVERY day? Sure, make a special occasion out of celebrating your love. Great. Got it. But, isn't that what your anniversary is for?
Eric and I have never noticed Valentine's Day and have never "celebrated" it. Many times his coworkers have questioned why he doesn't do anything special for me and he has to explain.
See, we live a Valentine's Life. Every day is special because we wake up with each other. Sure, we may not get to spend a lot of time together at this point in our lives (see my FB note on "My Hero"), but what time we do have is special. To quote an immigrant (he was on the "Boss Undercover" episode for 7-11), "When we are together, we are like lovers!" It's so true.
I try to keep my house in order so that I don't have to waste quality time with him with the quantity of time it takes to do that chore. I try to give him time to do his studies (this is actually the hardest thing to do b/c he's right here and yet he NEEDS to get those assignments accomplished). I try to share him with the kids instead of dominating all his free time. I stay up later than I think I can because I can't stop talking to him. He's truly my best friend.
So, we may not have the opportunity/time to go OUT, but I assure you, every night IN is fantastic because we live our Valentine's Life.
I love you, Eric! You are the best!!

No comments: