18 February 2011

Cycles

Have you noticed that life is made up of a bunch of different cycles? It's interesting to see how different people come in and out of my life at different points of time. It's interesting to see what things hit the highest on my priority list at different points of time. It's interesting to see what foods are the tastiest to me at different points of time.
Things that never change:
Loving my family...I seem to never be able to get enough of them.
Reading...whatever it may be: books, plays, scriptures, records.
Singing...you can tell how happy I am by how much I sing my life (My Life, The Musical is how I usually refer to it...Eric is always entertained by my changed lyrics to other songs...and my kids do it, too)
Organization...I have to have things clean and orderly or I lose my happy place.
So, now that Spring is at my doorstep, I'll get to enjoy the weather (as long as I can keep the allergies at bay) outside and be able to ride bikes more. You know, a different kind of cycle. ;) It's the season for enjoying the sun and fresh air, while simultaneously trying to keep us safe from sunburns. =)

2 comments:

The Roes said...

I am in the cleaning and organizing the closets cycle at the moment. It's a good one, because there's all sorts of stuff in them that I didn't know was there. Why IS it there? I don't know, but I'm trying to tackle 4 closets to make space in Haydn's but make the other 3 more functional. It's spring cleaning for me!

kemeki said...

I definitely understand the cycles bit. It's one reason that I've said that I'd have to be dating someone for at least a year before I ever get engaged (we'll see how reality plays out). You've got to make sure your cycles "mesh" or something.

And I even have an over-the-years cycle with one friend. We're besties, dislike each other a lot, are acquaintances, then good friends, then besties... this cycle has been going on for 20 years.