30 March 2008

A Weekend at the Spa

Relaxed and Energized. Those are the two most appropriate words to describe the way I feel right now. How do I do it? Well, I let Eric work for Verizon and let his company pay the bill for us to be spoiled rotten for a weekend. Eric was a top employee in 2007 and was part of a reward group called "The Winner's Circle". They took 86 top employees (ranging from retail sales to top management) and let them bring a guest to the Ross Bridge Resort and Spa in Birmingham, Alabama. We laughed that we were going to a "resort" in Alabama, but as we drove up, we were amazed. It is such a beautiful resort!!!
www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bhmhv-renaissance-ross-bridge-golf-resort-and-spa/
We left Emily with her grandparents (Mimi and Grandy...the latter name being her own creation) and took the time as a couple. We enjoyed a luxurious 50 minute Swedish Massage that simultaneously relaxed and invigorated us. The food was delicious and the rooms spacious and comfortable. To top it all off, the weekend was a paid weekend plus they reimburse us for gas...and we took the Honda...so technically, we got paid to go to this event.
Ahhhhh....is all I can say. Oh, and thank you, Verizon Wireless!!

3 comments:

Ryan said...

In the words of Napoleon Dynamite .... "LUCKY!"

Momma Sarah said...

Uh, yeah! I want some of THOSE tots! (To continue with Ryan's Napoleon comment!) How fun for you both! What a wonderful get-away! Ohhh, I think that's what I'll ask for next b-day; a real massage! Ahhhhhhh....

Boyd Box said...

Yeah, that massage was SA-Weet! Of course, I would hope that other places aren't as expensive, as I'd like another sometime. It was $200 for that as a couple, plus tip...which, this way, was all paid for by Verizon. But realistically, I'm still feeling the effects and this is how many days later?